A&V 1 E SWEDISH POSTAL DOCUMENTATION. Postmuseum,
Stockholm. 1974. Eighty-one 35mm color slides, 30-minute tape cassette
and written script for the program. Prepared by the Swedish Post
Office for the SCC. Documents Swedish Postal History.
- A&V 2 E NORWAY, 19TH CENTURY STAMPS,
COVERS, CARDS, AND CANCELS. R. Frigstad. Thirty-six 35mm
close-up slides. 30-minute tape cassette.
- A&V 3 E DENMARK: A PRESENTATION ON THE
WAVY-LINES TYPOGRAPHED ISSUES. W.J. Banks. Forty two 35mm
slides & narration.
- A&V 4 E FAROE ISLANDS: A PRESENTATION
ON THE BISECTED, SURCHARGED AND FRANCO-BETALT HANDSTAMPS OF THE
FAROES. W.J. Banks. Forty-five 35mm slides, 60-minute tape
cassette, 38-page narration script. Thorough coverage of the
- A&V 5 E ICELAND: WHAT YOU WANTED TO
KNOW ABOUT ICELAND BUT WERE AFRAID TO ASK. 60-minute interview
with S.H. Thorsteinsson, taped in Chicago in July, 1977. Two
cassettes, 60-minutes. General overview of Iceland Philately and
- A&V 6 E SCANDINAVIAN PHILATELY. A
round-table question-and-answer session with four dealers at the SCC
Chapter 4 meeting in Chicago, Oct. 27, 1977. 1 cassette, 60 minutes.
- A&V 7 E NORWAY. One hundred
sixty-five 35mm slides from HAFNIA '76 Grand Prix Int'l collection
of E. Lundstrom. 61 slides show Norway #1's, balance show #2 to #21
in depth. Divided into three programs. Taped commentary.
- A&V 8 E PROGRAM #2 of A&V-7.
- A&V 9 E PROGRAM #3 of A&V-7.
- A&V 10 E THE SCIENCE AND ART OF
MEASUREMENTS ON STAMPS. Lecture by C.H. Werenskiold. Nineteen
35mm slide on the subject. Written script and 30-minute cassette
- A&V 11 E ICELAND'S DISTRICT PO'S AND
SELECTED COLLECTING STATIONS. Fifty 35mm slides from 1973-1977.
Views of District Post Office sites from which the Cancellers were
distributed. Slides and script by W.C. Sommer.
- A&V 12 E DANISH 1ST DAY COVERS
1935-1950. Forty-two 35mm color slides, 6 page narrative. From
the A. Warren Collection.
- A&V 13 E EARLY DANISH WEST INDIES
PHILATELY AND THE BRITISH POST OFFICE IN ST. THOMAS. V.
Engstrom. Twenty-six 35mm color slides. 7-page narrative, plus
18-minute tape cassette.
- A&V 14 E FORWARDING AGENTS, FOREIGN
POST OFFICES IN ST. THOMAS, CLASSIC STAMPS AND COMBINATION COVERS. V.
Engstrom. Thirty-three 35mm color slides. 9-page narrative, plus
- A&V 15 E THE DEFINITIVE STAMPS OF THE
DWI, 1874-1917. V. Engstrom. Twenty-eight 35mm color slides.
8-page narrative, plus 21-minute cassette.
- A&V 16 E PAKKE-PORTO (PARCEL POST)
ISSUES OF GREENLAND. "THE BEARS". Thirty-five 35mm
slides. An excellent show of the many varieties of this issue.
- A&V 17 E SCANDINAVIAN AIRMAILS. Excellent
program of thirty-three 35mm slides of stamps and covers. Program
deals with all issues of Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway, and
Sweden. 6-page narration, 30-minute tape cassette.
- A&V 18 E PRE-STOCKHOLMIA '86 video
- A&V 19 E EARLY NORWEGIAN STEAMSHIP MAIL
SERVICES. This slide presentation will show you some of the
- cancellations from the gold medal award winning
collection of F. C. Moldenhauer. 24 slides with 5 page commentary.
- A&V 20 E CHICAGO: PASSPORT TO THE
WORLD. One hour talk show about POLISH PHILATELY with
Dr.J. Mazepa. Video cassette tape in VHS format only.
- A&V 21 E CHICAGO: PASSPORT TO THE
WORLD. One hour talk show about GERMAN PHILATELY with
B. Hennig & A. Dulin. Video cassette tape in VHS format only.
- A&V 22 E CHICAGO: PASSPORT TO THE
WORLD. One hour talk show about STAMP COLLECTING with
L. Winick & B. Weisz. Video cassette tape in VHS format only.
- A&V 23 E WHAT TO COLLECT IN
SCANDINAVIA, WHEN YOU HAVE RUN OUT OF THINGS TO COLLECT. AMERIPEX
'86 35mm slide program. Comprehensive showing of what you can
collect in Scandinavia besides just mint and used. Chicago Chapter
- A&V 24 E CHICAGO: PASSPORT TO THE
WORLD. One hour talk about the COLLECTORS CLUB OF CHICAGO with
R. Drews and L. Winick. Video cassette tape in VHS format only.
- A&V 25 E THE VIDEO GUIDE TO STAMP
COLLECTING. G. Burghoff. One hour program about our hobby. In
- A&V 26 E PHILATELIC ODDITIES OF
DENMARK. Dr W. E. Melberg's one frame exhibit. 35mm slide
program (25) with written commentary. Produced and donated by
- A&V 27 E FORGERIES OF SCANDINAVIA. 35mm
slide show (50) of altered stamps. This presentation is to be
expanded by new additions, enlarged color photographs and
commentaries by experts of the various countries.
- A&V 28 E THE DARK SIDE OF POSTAL
HISTORY - ADULTERATED COVERS. 35mm slide show (13) with written
commentary of Torbjorn Bjork's SESCAL '88 Seminar based on the
findings of The Swedish Expert Committee. See POSTHORN article
(February 1989, pg.3)
- A&V 29 E THE FAROES. 35mm slide
show (61) of Chris McGregor's great Gold medal award winning
exhibit. Donated by the exhibitor.
- A&V 30 E CHRISTMAS SEALS. 35mm
slide show (80) prepared and donated by Annette Gruber and Chapter
13. Narration included.
- A&V 31 E STAMPS OF ICELAND. One
hour presentation about the production and the issuing of the stamps
of Iceland. A VHS video tape that runs about one hour. Great for a
club or chapter meeting. Donated by Dave Bennett.
- A&V 32 E QUEEN CHRISTINA OF SWEDEN
1632-1689. PRESENTED BY THE METROPOLITAN MUSEUM OF ART. A
PBS Video (55 Minutes). Gift of Alfred Gruber.
- A&V 33 E DANISH KINGS. Slide
presentation (36) prepared by Chapter 13. Manville Bro is the author
and Robert Lipscomb the photographer.
- A&V 34 E DENMARK. A Video about
this country. 52 min. Gift of Arthur Lind and Carl Probst.
- A&V 35 E FINLAND. A Video about
this country. 50 min. Gift of Arthur Lind and Carl Probst.
- A&V 36 E NORWAY. A Video about
this country. 55 min. Gift of Arthur Lind and Carl Probst.
- A&V 37 E SWEDEN. A Video about
this country. 53 min. Gift of Arthur Lind and Carl Probst.
- A&V 38 E THE PRIVATE LOCAL POSTS OF
DENMARK. Slide presentation (36) prepared by Chapter 13.
Manville Bro is the author with additional help from Howard Schloss.
The photographer is Robert Lipscomb.
- A&V 39 E VIKINGS IN AMERICA. A
NOVA Video Production by the WGBH/Boston Science Unit. 60 min.
- A&V 40 E DOMESTIC CANCELS
"ICELAND" Slide show. Prepared by Chapter 13.
- A&V 41 E FOREIGN CANCELS
"ICELAND" Slide show. Prepared by Chapter 13.
- A&V 42 E SLESVIG - Frank Correl's
great exhibit. Slide show. Prepared by Chapter 13.
- A&V 43 E MINOR VARIETIES ON NORWEGIAN
STAMPS Slide Show. Prepared by Chapter 13.
- A&V 44 E DANISH WEST INDIES Slide
Show. Prepared by Chapter 13.
- A&V 45 E THE FAROES Slide Show
with taped commentary. Prepared by Chapter 13."
- A&V 46 E THE LEGACY OF THE KENSINGTON
RUNESTONE. A Runestone Museum video production. Ten Minutes.
(Should be played in conjunction with A&V 39 - VIKINGS IN
- A&V 47 E SWEDISH NUMERAL ISSUES
OF 1872 T0 1891 ("RINGS"). Slide (43) show
prepared by David Engdahl. Written commentary.
- A&V 48 E STAMPING & STOMPING
THROUGH DENMARK - 1971-1974-1979. 54 slides depicting
stamps of Denmark along with slides that show actual scenes that the
stamp represents. (Two projectors are required for this
presentation). A loose-leaf book will accompany this set. It has
color reproduced pictures (large) of each slide. It was produced by
SCC'er Walter Johnson and his company, Duprin Copy
Centre of Woburn, MA.
- A&V 49 E NEW GLAMOUR FOR OLD CROWNS.
King Carl the 16th Gustav of Sweden. 88 minute video program.
Gift of Carl Probst.
- A&V 50 E HEIRS TO THE VIKINGS. King
Harald of Norway. 58 minute video program. Gift of Carl Probst.
- A&V 51 E HAFNIA '76 MINI-SHEET III - slide show (35). A research project by Toke Nørby.
- A&V 52 E PHILATELIC HISTORY OF FINLAND. VHS R.W.Lang.
- A&V 53 E DANSKE POSTESTEMPLER: DANISH MAIL CANCELS. Dr. Willy E. Melberg. 35mm slides. (34). 2001.
- A&V 54E HOUSE OF COMMUNICATIONS P&T Museum.
- A&V 55E 19th CENTURY SWEDISH CANCEL COLLECTING. SCC Chapter 5. (New England) 35mm slides.
- A&V 56E FINLAND AIRMAIL TO AMERICA BY TRANSATLANTIC CLIPPER 1939-1941. 35mm slides (40) plus text.
- A&V 57E DANISH RAILWAY STAMPS. 35mm slides (29).
- A&V 58E FINLAND FORGERIES REFERENCE COLLECTION.
- A&V 59E GREENLAND BEFORE 1940. A gold medal exhibit from HAFNIA 1987. 35mm slides (96).
- A&V 60E A MOST SATISFYING HOBBY: COLLECTINGTHE STAMPS OF SWEDEN. Jerry D. Moore, SCC Golden Gate Chapter 21. 35mm slides (76).
RETURN TO LIBRARY INDEX
Home | Apply to Join
| Activities | Awards
| Bylaws | Chapters
| Member Directory
Posthorn Archives | Officers
| Library | Publications
| Stamp Mart | Study
© 2003, The Scandinavian Collectors Club
Toke Nørby / John DuBois, Webmasters
2003.05.15 - 11:41